MDA System Assessment - Huntsville, AL
Category: Analysis and Assessment
Location:Alabama - Huntsville
Job Type:Full Time
Education:4 Year Degree
Travel:Some travel may be required
nou Systems, Inc. has openings in Huntsville, AL for talented engineers and scientists to provide system and element assessments of the Ballistic Missile Defense System.
The Missile Defense Agency's System Assessment group (MDA/EEA) provides assessments of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) for the MDA Director and other senior leaders of the agency within the Directorate of Engineering (DE).
Areas of expertise
· Synthesis of technical information to assess the technical performance of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
· Motivated to grasp the functionality of various missile defense systems such as battle managers, interceptors, radar sensors, and infrared sensors (GMD, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, and Overheads)
· Development of assessment objectives and metrics to accomplish agency commitments
· Development of test requirements to obtain a body of evidence to evaluate assessment objectives
· Evaluation, synthesis, and visualization of test results
Candidate should hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or science with 5 to 8 years technical experience. Employment requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
· Capable of providing expertise to relevant program analytical principles and practices for developmental and operational programs
· Capable of utilizing, adapting and developing analytical tools, techniques, and processes for technical and/or administrative support activities
· Works as a member of a team and assists with solving complex problems
· Experience with assessment planning and test requirements development
· Familiarity with MDA elements including radar, optical, battle management, and interceptor systems
· Familiarity with MDA ground test process and data
· Familiarity with MDA software programs including TGx, SABER, and NSITE
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination because of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.