R&D Engineer/Scientist - Huntsville, AL
Category:Analysis and Assessment
Location:Alabama - Huntsville
Job Type:Full Time
Education:4 Year Degree
Travel:No travel expected
As part of the Research and Development (R&D) Team at nou Systems, you will support developing new technologies that support our nation’s defense. The nou Systems R&D Team is focused on bringing new hardware and software technologies to missile defense related applications.
Primary responsibilities in this position involve supporting the development of new algorithms for missile defense:
· Support the full cycle of algorithm development; including developing new concepts, designing and implementing prototypes, and testing and packaging software for delivery to customer
· Proactively engage with team members to formulate problem statements, investigate design solutions, perform analysis to evaluate alternatives, implement solutions in code, and evaluate the test results in support of algorithm development
· Build analysis tools and proactively explore data to discover hidden insights and opportunities for algorithm development and improvement
· Create presentations of data analyses, algorithm concepts, and test results that communicate effectively to a variety of internal and external audiences
Support or lead the development of white papers and proposals, including Small Business Innovative Research (SBIRs) proposals and Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) from government agencies
· Employment requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance
· 3+ years experience
· B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related Science or Engineering degree. (M.S. preferred)
· Experience in several of the following areas is preferred: software engineering and testing, modeling and simulation, missile defense data analysis, optimization, decision-making, radar modeling and battle management.
· Experience programming in Matlab or similar languages, including using object-oriented constructs.
Familiarity with missile defense sensors, battle managers and messaging preferred.
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination because of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.