Security Professional - Lexington, MA
Job Type:Full Time
Education:At least 4 Year Degree and 5-10 years relevant experience
Travel:Some travel may be required
nou Systems, Inc has an opening in Lexington, Massachusetts, for a security professional to provide services in support of the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site. Kwajalein Atoll is home to the Reagan Test Site (RTS), where some of the most sophisticated missile testing in the world is conducted by the United States. RTS operates and maintains a technologically advanced suite of sensors including radars, optics and telemetry sites around the Atoll that are used to collect mission-critical test data on various missile systems being tested there. nou Systems, Inc receives these collected data from RTS to analyze performance of sensors and systems. The successful applicant’s primary job responsibilities include performance as both the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Information System Security Officer (ISSM).
Qualifications: To qualify for this position, the candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree and 5 – 10 years of experience in the industrial security field, to include implementing security policies in compliance with federal regulations, drafting training materials and conducting self-inspections. Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with office automation tools. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Employment requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS clearance.
Facility Security Officer Duties:
• Certification of visitors’ clearances
• Document control
• Physical security, including alarm response
• Security education and briefing to technical staff
• Performance of formal self-inspection of the implemented security program
• Investigation and cleanup of any security incidents
Information Systems Security Manager Duties:
• Development, implementation and oversight of information systems security program under the risk management framework
• Development of security documentation (ISSP, POA&M, Supporting Artifacts, etc.)
• Coordination of IS authorizations with the DSS ISSP and AO
• Development and implementation of an effective IS security education, training, and awareness program
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
The nou Systems, Inc Lexington Massachusetts office is a satellite office, with the headquarters located in Huntsville Alabama. The FSO/ISSM chosen will work closely with the Huntsville based security staff in implementing and maintaining a strong security program.
Experience in the duties described above.
The position offers significant advancement opportunity within a dynamic, high-tech company with competitive benefits.